The Emirate of Dubai never ceases to amaze its visitors. Now, it offers a brand-new attraction that would allow visitors to dive into the world’s deepest pool. This is another addition to the list of the world’s biggest, highest, and deepest attractions in Dubai. A treat for underwater adventurers, Deep Dive Dubai opened its doors to visitors at the end of July, and since then they have had nothing but good things to say about this beautiful underwater spot. Are you feeling excited? Before packing up and booking a plane ticket to Dubai to experience the submerged city, let’s find out everything with Deep Dive Dubai to help you be fully prepared for this adventure.
Deep Dive Dubai – Location
This underwater facility is located at Nad Al Sheba 1. It can be reached by metro (nearest station = Burj Khalifa / Dubai Mall) or RTA bus from most parts of the emirate. If you have your own vehicle, you can park in Deep Dive Dubai’s huge parking lot and enjoy this amazing attraction.
The Right Time To Visit
As expected, water activities are more fun during the summer months. However, Deep Dive Dubai can be visited at any time of the year as its temperature is regulated and controlled. This means that the outside climate does not affect the experience you will have in this setting. The pool temperature is maintained at 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit).
Interesting Facts About Deep Dive Dubai
Here are some interesting facts and information about Deep Dive Dubai:
- The Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan, has officially announced Deep Dive Dubai on his Instagram account.
- Guinness World Records certified it as the deepest diving pool in the world.
- It’s 60 meters deep, or nearly 197 feet, and has six Olympic-sized pools.
- The facility holds more than 14 million litres of fresh water.
- Before Deep Dive Dubai was ready to welcome visitors, the record for the deepest pool for diving was held by Deep Spot Pool in Poland.
- However, this installation could not hold this record for a long time, as it was launched just a few months before Deep Dive Dubai.
- The water in this facility remains pure as it has the most advanced filtration system.
- The facility houses the largest underwater studio in the Middle East region.
- It has a structure like a giant oyster with an area of more than 1500 square meters.
- Its main highlight is the underwater city designed to simulate an abandoned submerged city, using the latest sound and light systems.
- No less than 56 underwater cameras were strategically installed to enhance the safety of visitors and divers. In addition, a professional hyperbaric facility is equipped to deal with any emergency.
- Only if you can swim at least 200 meters are you allowed to dive into the water.
- Non-swimmers can choose from other activities, such as snorkelling.
- Those who want to scuba dive must have an entry certificate.
- Visitors are required to sign a consent form before diving into the water.
- Those who want to reach the lowest level of the pool must have their training certificate. It must be obtained from a trusted authority.
- The entrance fee to this facility includes all necessary gear and snorkelling gear.
- Guests only need to bring swimwear and slippers.
- Travellers should avoid flying or visiting dizzying attractions immediately after diving in Deep Dive Dubai.
Highlights of Deep Dive Dubai
Deep Dive Dubai offers an out-of-this-world experience. How? In this spot, you can dive into a 60-meter-deep swimming pool. The best part? You can enjoy perfect diving here without any safety concerns. This unique dive will make you forget about everything else as you will only feel the world of surrealism as you dive deeper into the water.
Experience Dubai like never before at Deep Dive Dubai. By diving into this pool, you will discover a flooded city with its streets. There is also an apartment that you can explore. And you want to know a hot feature? You can also play fun arcade games and underwater chess. You read it right! These games are available in Sunken City.
A unique opportunity to master your scuba diving skills
Deep Dive Dubai is undeniably a diver’s paradise. You don’t have to be a pro in this water sport to enjoy these facilities. There are internationally recognized courses for beginners, experts, and divers at all levels. You can also take part in freestyle training, which will teach you tricks to get into the water deeper and stay there longer while reaping many health benefits. All of these courses include the necessary diving equipment and are taught by highly certified diving instructors here.
Very advanced security measures
Sanitation and water quality standards at this facility are maintained through a state-of-the-art filtration system. Several protocols are in place to make this facility free of the COVID-19 virus.
As noted earlier, there is an ultrasound chamber on site, which is professionally operated. This room can accommodate 12 people at the same time. Due to its capacity and the technology used, it is recognized as the largest and most advanced chamber in the region.
The Biggest Underwater Studio
If the world’s deepest pool wasn’t enough, the facility also boasts the largest underwater movie studio. There is also a media editing room and a video wall.
All in all, you should definitely add Deep Dive Dubai to your Dubai bucket list along with desert camps, desert resorts, or snorkelling if you plan to visit the emirate soon. Or why don’t you go for a hot air balloon ride while you’re here? You name it, Dubai has got it all. You don’t have to be an adventurer or a water enthusiast to visit this stunning attraction. If you don’t want to get wet, there are some fun activities to do. There are large windows and screens from which you can watch all the action live underwater. There is also a restaurant serving quick meals. You can also shop at a gift shop located on-site.
Take a look at how much it would cost you to try out Deep Dive Dubai.
Another point to mention: the UAE has got not just the deepest pool in the world, but also the world’s longest zipline, the world’s longest urban zipline, the world’s largest indoor theme park, and the world’s tallest wall, the world’s fastest roller coaster at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. If that doesn’t satiate your hunger for adventure, then you can also try jumping from an aeroplane at 15,000 ft at Skydive Dubai, skiing in the desert at Ski Dubai or going around the Hajar mountain on the Jais Sledder. But the adventure doesn’t end here, and the UAE has got so much to offer.
Are you a fan of diving? Are you planning to visit Deep Dive Dubai soon? Have you visited it before? Tell us about your experience in the comment section down below. We are excited to hear about it all from you.