The indoor ski resort, which opened to the public in November 2005, covers an area of 22,500 m². It is considered one of the most adventurous things to do in Dubai. The adventure resort has an 85-meter mountain peak as high as a 25-story building! One of the things visitors often enjoy doing in the park is climbing to the top for a thrilling Mountain Thriller ride that will take you up to 46 kilometres per hour! This trip is not for the faint of heart!
By jumping on a chair or leaning on the T-bar, you can admire the splendour of 6,000 tons of snow, in the heart of the desert.
Fun-Filled Activities In SKI DUBAI
There are many activities in Ski Dubai for winter sports enthusiasts. You can choose to just learn the basics of skiing or train with professional instructors who will help you jump off a 10-foot ramp! The park has a freestyle zone for practising. Ski Dubai also offers many activities. You can meet the penguins by booking the Dubai Snow Penguin Ski Package. They also have a terrain park full of fun activities. Here are some great things to do in Ski Dubai in some more detail.
1. SKING ON THE SLOPES
One of the first things to do at the Mall of the Emirates Ski Dubai is head to the slopes for skiing fun. You can try out the slopes by yourself or join the ski school as a group. From children to adults, everyone can train through individual sessions with expert instructors. Ski school is a great way to improve your skiing skills in a safe and fun environment.
There are five different packages (depending on difficulty level and length) that you can choose from. Each of the following Ski Dubai ticket prices is per head for both adults and children and includes outfit/equipment rental and locker facilities.
- Two-hour slopes: Enjoy a fun introduction to the two-hour slides.
- Ticket price: AED 210
- All Day Slide Pass: This Ski Dubai Pass gives you full-day access to the slides, fleece gloves, and 20% off on arrival in the UAE.
- Ticket price: AED 310
- SkiFly Slope: Here you can explore Snow Park and try some rides as well as two hours of an uphill hike. You also get two free flights to the famous indoor skydiving experience, SkiFLY Dubai!
- Ticket price: AED 305
- Snow Plus Slope: Unlimited access to Snow Park rides and exclusive experiences can be: 2-hour slope, 40-minute penguin encounter, snowmobile ride or slide snow/snowboarding. This package also offers a 20% discount for residents.
- Ticket price: AED 340
- Snow Premium Slope: This is the ultimate Ski Dubai ticket package! It includes unlimited access to Snow Park and all its games; a 40-minute encounter with the penguins, and a choice between uphill or ski/snowboarding classes.
- Ticket price: AED 490
2. EXPLORING THE SNOW PARK
At this 4,500 sq. m. snow park, you can build your own snowman, or go tobogganing or sledging. You can even climb towers or explore the indoor ice cave.
Ski Dubai tickets you can choose from to explore the Snow Park are:
- Snow Park: This pass gives you a one-time entry to Ski Dubai, and you can take the rides as many times as you like. You’ll even have a chance at the Zorb Ball.
- Ticket price: AED 190
- Snow Classic: This pass gives you unlimited access to snow park rides, along with mountain biking and chair rides.
- Ticket price: AED 256
- Ski-Fly Snow Classic: Unlimited admission to Snow Park rides, one Mountain Thriller ride, and one chair ride, plus a 20% resident discount. They also give you two flights to iFLY Dubai and a choice of two hours on the slopes, 40 minutes of penguin encounters, snowmobile rides, or 60 minutes of skiing or snowboarding.
- Ticket price: AED 305
- Snow Plus: Take a piste ride, discovery lesson, snowball ride, or penguin encounter, and enjoy unlimited access to all snow park rides. They also give you a pair of fleece gloves and a locker.
- Ticket price: AED 340
- Snow Premium: This popular Ski Dubai package offers 40 minutes of penguin encounters; a choice of downhill or 60 minutes of ski/snowboard discovery; unlimited use of the snow park and horseback riding; lockers; waterproof gloves; and a picture book. You also get hot chocolate, a meal, and a hand warmer with this offer.
- Ticket price: AED 490
3. MEET THE PENGUINS
Encountering the penguins is one of Ski Dubai’s most popular activities for children and adults. Here are some packages you can choose from. All penguin meetings start at 12 pm and run every 30 minutes, until 9 pm.
- Peng-Friend Encounter: You will have a 40-minute period where you will meet two species of penguins, Gentoo and Emperor Penguin, and learn all about them. They also provide you with a locker.
- Ticket price: AED 230
- Snow Plus-Penguin Encounter: Here you have 75 minutes to meet two species of penguins and learn all about them. You can also take pictures with the penguins, which you can snap back as a souvenir, and enjoy a complimentary hot chocolate to keep you warm.
- Ticket price: AED 520
- Ultimate Peng-Friend: This gives you unlimited access to Snow Park rides, a single forklift, the Mountian Thriller ride, and a 75-minute Peng encounter. There are also lockers, hot chocolate drinks, photos, and souvenirs.
- Ticket price: AED 890
- Swim with the Penguins: It includes everything from The Last Penguin plus a 15-minute swim with the penguins.
- Ticket price: AED 1,390
If that’s not enough for you, there are more exciting activities at Ski Dubai that you can try.
Take Lessons At The SKI SCHOOL
From amateurs to professionals, everyone is welcome at the Ski School to gain or perfect their skiing or snowboarding skills. They have a team of experienced professionals that follow a comprehensive curriculum to help you become the best. Children aged three and over can also participate. If that’s your passion, the ski school is an excellent opportunity to practice at your best.
Dine At SKI DUBAI Restaurants
North 28 Restaurant
If you’re tired of skiing and need to warm up, head to this cafe in Ski Dubai. The signature hot chocolate at this Alpine-themed Cafe in Ski Dubai is so comforting that you’ll feel ready enough to recapture all the fun in the snow.
This cafe is located halfway up the slope allowing you to relax with a nice view. Besides hot drinks, you can also enjoy delicious hot dogs and other snacks.
You can get some savoury treats at this café near the Snow Plough in the Snow Park area.
There are plenty of exciting activities available in the UAE and its emirates. There has always been something to offer in each emirate. Abu Dhabi is home to Warner Bros. World, Ferrari World, Clymb, and Yas Waterworld, to mention a few. The list goes on. Dubai has Deep-dive Dubai, Skydive Dubai, IMG Worlds of Adventure, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Motiongate, etc. Dubai has the world’s longest urban zipline, XLine, while Ras Al Khaima offers the longest zipline in the world and Jebel Jais Sledder.
Have you enjoyed this virtual trip to Ski Dubai? When are you planning to take the real one? What activities are you most likely to try? Why? Tell us everything about it in the comment section down below.