Every time Ras al Khaimah launches its latest attraction, adrenaline junkies from throughout the UAE flock to this emirate. This time, the Jais Sledder at Jais Adventure Peak has taken the country by storm. Dubbed the region’s longest toboggan ride, this new journey experience in Ras Al Khaimah’s Hajar Mountains gives you a one-of-a-kind experience for people of all ages. The Jais Sledder, and Jebel Jais Zipline are all part of the Jais Adventure Park in Ras Al Khaima. In this article, we’ve put together everything you need to know about riding a sledder.
What Is The Jais Sledder?
This new sledding experience in Ras Al Khaimah runs on a low-slung track, that swerves through the Hajar Mountain range. Stretching over 1,840 metres in length, The Jais Sledder is constructed to the best protection and technical requirements adhere to the ISO 19202 criteria, and the latest design technology specific to planning track, design and calculation, manufacturing, build, and testing requirements for summer sledding activities.
The Jais Sledder is built to meet the highest standards of technical and physical safety. The sleds are designed to seat two people comfortably, one in front and the other in the back so you can choose to share the experience with a friend, or family member or go superhero solo. Single and Multiple Ride Tickets are available to purchase at the ticket office at the base of the ride or at the Jais Adventure Centre.
The coaster is capable of reaching a speed of up to 40 kilometres per hour, despite the fact that every rider is securely strapped in and has to get entry to a braking system, permitting them to manage their personal pace.
Jais Sledder Tickets
The Jais Sledder ride prices mentioned below are for both individuals and a pair of adults and children, respectively. You can get Jais Sledder tickets for a single ride or for a set of three rides.
- Adult Ticket: AED 40 (Single Ride) | AED 90 (Three Rides)
- Adult+Child Ticket: AED 60 (Single Ride) | AED 125 (Three Rides)
Please Note: If you buy a trip ticket, you must complete all three trips on the same day.
Jais Sledder Timings And Contact
Here’s a quick overview of the operating hours and contact details to help you plan your experience on the region’s longest toboggan ride.
Jais Sledder Timings: 09:00 am to 05:30 pm
Contact Details for Jais Sledder
Terms and Conditions:
- Guests must be a minimum of 3 years old.
- Guests must not be less than 135 cm in height or must be accompanied by an adult (driver) who is at least 135 cm tall.
- Guests who are 135 cm and taller may ride as an individual or together with another guest (each guest needs an individual ticket).
- The combined weight of driver and passenger cannot exceed 150 kg, and riders must be able to wear the seatbelt correctly.
- Guests under the influence of any form of drug or alcohol are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Drivers are not permitted to stop the sled on the track unless in the case of an emergency.
- Drivers are required to maintain a minimum distance of 25 metres from the sled ahead.
- No backpacks or bags, animals, umbrellas, bulky, pointed, or loose objects are allowed on the ride. No food or gum is allowed on the ride.
- Before beginning the ride, all loose clothing and hair below shoulder length must be secured.
- For the entire duration of the ride, participants must have seat belts on, remain seated and keep their arms and legs inside the sled.
- Guests who purchase tickets for three rides need to complete all three rides in one single day.
- Jais Adventure Park retains the right to change or close rides at any time due to weather, wildlife, capacity, or force majeure.
You cannot ride the Jais Sledder if you are/have:
- Pregnant or think they may be pregnant
- Heart conditions
- Seizure condition
- History of back or neck injury,
- Any other medical condition that prevents the guest from following the safety rules and guidelines.
- At least 135 cm tall.
- Must be physically capable of maintaining a seated position and using safety restraints.
- Ability to follow all verbal and written directions.
- Ability to visually recognize the sled in front of them to maintain a safe following distance.
- Ability to operate brake levers to control the sled’s speed.
- The combined weight of the riders (maximum of two) per sled cannot exceed 150 kgs.
- Age limit: Minimum of 3 years old.
- Passengers should be capable of holding onto the front handle while the sled is in motion.
The adventures in the UAE don’t end here. If you are the type of person who likes that surge of adrenaline, then there are a lot of other activities you can do in the UAE on land, air, and water. So why not try the world’s fastest roller coaster at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world’s longest urban zipline, deepest pool in the world, Clymb the world’s tallest wall, scuba diving, or take a plunge from the sky at Skydive Dubai, skiing in the snow in the desert at Ski Dubai?
Are you planning to try the sledder soon? Have you tried it before? What other information would you like to share with people who are planning to go on the same adventure? We are waiting for your answers in the comment section down below.